(SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Monday Dec 4th
Opening Reception, Mission Bay Conference Center, Fisher Atrium. (Sponsored by Atonomi)
Tuesday Dec 5th
8:30 – 8:40
- Opening Welcome, William Mougayar and Nick Tomaino
- Designing Token-Based Economies, William Mougayar
How to frame the sound design of token-based economic models that are sustainable while creating value?
8:40 – 9:00
- The Crypto Idea Maze. Fireside chat featuring Balaji Srinivasan with Nick Tomaino
Balaji discusses the state of tokens in 2017 and the focus for the recently rebranded Earn.com for 2018 and beyond.
9:00 – 9:20
- What gives a token long-term value? Fireside chat featuring Fred Ehrsam with William Mougayar
A discussion on the types of tokens that will have long term value versus the ones that may not and why? Are decentralized network effects a factor? What will it take for startups to win in the decentralized economy?
9:20 – 9:55
- Understanding Decentralized Exchanges, Panel featuring Will Warren (0x), Thomas Greco (OmiseGo) and Loi Luu (Kyber Network) with Nick Tomaino
One category in the token space that is starting to see real user traction is decentralized exchange. DEX’s like EtherDelta and Radar Relay are doing significant volume and it seems like the future of crypto-to-crypto exchanges may be decentralized. This panel will examine the different approaches.
9:55 – 10:10
- Introducing Messari, Ryan Selkis and discussion with William Mougayar
Messari is a new transparency and disclosures project for ICOs, possibly the next Edgar?
10:10 – 10:30 ~ BREAK
10:30 – 10:50
- Explaining Metronome, Jeff Garzik, Peter Vessenes and Matthew Roszak with William Mougayar
Explaining Metronome, and what’s behind the design of the world’s first cross-blockchain cryptocurrency. What impact could it have on the token economy?
10:50 – 11:05
- What is the Outlook for Token-based Decentralized Networks? Fireside chat featuring Juan Benet with William Mougayar
A conversation focused on the technology and future of these important projects. How are Filecoin and IPFS deploying their technology into the market to reach mass adoption, and what are they learning along the way?
11:05 – 11:20
- Surprise Announcement, with William Mougayar
At the last Token Summit in New York, Kik announced the first non-blockchain company ICO. Could there be another important announcement of a similar scope in San Francisco?
11:20 – 11:45
- Introduction to the Crypto Valley in Zug, Switzerland featuring Oliver Bussmann, President of the Crypto Valley Association with William Mougayar
11:45 – 12:15
- Show and Tell (updates)
- Storj– Shawn Wilkinson
- Numerai – Richard Craib
- Etherisc – Renat Khasanshyn
- Steem – Ned Scott
12:15 – 13:15 ~ LUNCH (Sponsored by Cosmos)
13:15 – 13:50
- Regulation: Honeymoon or Business as Usual? Panel featuring Nancy Wojtas (Cooley), Kathryn Haun (Coinbase board), Stan Miroshnik (Element Group) and Lowell Ness (Perkins Coie) with William Mougayar
The innovation in the past year has accelerated. Entrepreneurs are getting creative, working with lawyers to mould compliant offerings. Will the honeymoon end if regulators catch-up?
- Parallel session 13:30 – 15:30 – Token and Business Model Workshop (limited to first 40 attendees)
Join Daniel Zakrisson, co-founder Cofound.it for a two-hour session focused on token and tokenized business models. Presentations on tokenization and technology stack frontiers and two-sided markets, case studies, and workshop. Bring your own case and join the discussion!
13:50 – 14:25
- Paths to Achieving Blockchain Scalability Panel featuring Joseph Poon (Plasma), Jason Teutsch (Truebit), and Jae Kwon (Cosmos) with Nick Tomaino
It’s fairly well understood that the most widely used blockchains to date (Bitcoin, Ethereum) aren’t easily scalable yet. What are the most likely paths forward to thousands of on-blockchain transactions per second?
14:25 – 15:00
- Custody and Usability of Digital Assets: Will it Get Easier? Panel featuring Taylor Monahan (MyEtherWallet), Linda Xie (Scalar Capital), Ben Reynolds (Slivergate Bank) and Thomas France (Ledger) with Nick Tomaino
What is the future of tokenized assets for consumer and B2B markets?
15:00 – 15:35
- New Project Show and Tell – Part I
Basecoin – Nader Al-Naji
Lendroid – Vignesh Sandaresan
Dether – Abdelhamid Benyahia
1protocol – Axel Ericsson
Ocean – Bruce Pon
Balanc3 – Griffin Anderson
15:35 – 16:05 ~ BREAK
16:05 – 16:40
- New Project Show and Tell – Part II
Dydx – Antonio Juliano
Oracles – Igor Barinov
PROPS by YouNow – Yonaton Sela
Bluenote – Michiel Frackers
Sofitto – Lan Filipic
Orchid – Steve Waterhouse
16:40 – 17:00
- Regulating Token Sales in Gibraltar, Fireside Chat featuring Nick Cowan (GSX/GBX) with William Mougayar
A discussion about Gibraltar’s GBX, the new regulated token sale platform and exchange that will operate and be regulated as a controlled activity under the Financial Services Investment and Fiduciary Services Act.
17:00 – 17:15
More on the ecosystem in Zug, featuring Francisco Gordillo, CEO Crypto Valley Labs with William Mougayar
17:15 – 17:45
- A look at 2017 and predictions for 2018 and beyond. Final Fireside chat featuring Naval Ravikant with Nick Tomaino
Naval shares his views on the progression of the industry and how he sees the industry pushing forward in the coming years.
17:45 – 17:50
- Closing Remarks. Reflections and Closing Thoughts, until we see you in New York, May 16-17 2018, with William Mougayar and Nick Tomaino
17:55 – 19:00
- Farewell cocktails and reception.